Seb’s essay is made up of five different sections: the title, introduction, paragraph 1, paragraph 2 and the conclusion.
Watch as Seb examines these sections and explores the content that goes into each. These parts form the building blocks of any essay.
Now re-read Seb’s essay on Reading. Using the following template, can you identify the different sections of his essay?
If you have printed off a copy of the essay, mark the parts of the essay on your copy.
- Introduction (background)
- Introduction (thesis statement)
- Paragraph 1 (paragraph leader)
- Paragraph 1 (paragraph body)
- Paragraph 2 (paragraph leader)
- Paragraph 2 (paragraph body)
- Conclusion (summary)
- Conclusion (future suggestion: a prediction, recommendation or solution)